THE AMEN CORNER

 

Saturday, May 17, 2008

BASTARD ZEN


October 4th, 2006.

While this present vacation/banishment/exile has been somewhat of a drying-out period, today I have been going coffee-whiskey-coffee-whiskey- coffee-whiskey ad nauseaum, and in that order...which is to say, that I have gone sideways through time.

I am told there is such a thing as a tesseract, however, I suspect that to be a half-truth, as there may not be such a thing as "is."

Many years ago, when I studied Kaballah amid my awkward transition out of Christendom, I was told that "God" was a verb. It may or may not be true; but whether "God" be verb or noun, I am fairly certain that the Universe is a Dirty Limmeric (or might be, if not for that tricky "is" thing).

I call that the "Nantucket Hypothesis," by the way.



Anyway...here's my final pseudo-drunken revela-hallucination of the evening:


BLESSING VS. ENLIGHTENMENT

A man, knelt in prayer, asked the Lord if He answered prayers. The Lord answered him, and he was blessed.

A man, knelt in prayer, asked the Lord if He answered prayers. The Lord answered him, saying, "No." He was enlightened.

***

Thank you and good night...I'll be here all week.


)+(

Labels: , , , ,